22nd Hobie 16 World Championships
Captiva Island, FL
November 16, 2019 Press Release
The Hobie 16 Open World Championships conclude. The final day of competition was abandoned due to high winds combined with an unsafe sea state. The race committee postponed in the morning and held the fleet on shore while they monitored the conditions with hopes that the wind and seas would moderate but the wind held in the 25-30 knot range all day with an incredibly large sea state. At 2:00 the race committee hoisted N over A signaling an end to the event.
After 16 days of sailing and seven events, just two days were ultimately lost due to weather (one with no wind and one with too much). Captiva Island, FL delivered a full mix of conditions in a beautiful tropical venue.
Yamil SABA/Gonzalo CENDRA (VEN) are the 2019 Hobie 16 World Champions followed by Nicolaj BJORNHOLT/Michele JENSEN (DEN) and Gav COLBY/Worst NEWS (AUS).
- Results: http://sailingresults.net/site/event/80302/default.html
- Event website: www.hobieworlds.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ihca.class/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hobieclass
- Dropbox: http://bit.ly/33Idki7
- Media Contact: Lori Mohney Lori.Mohney@hobieclass.com