22nd Hobie 16 World Championships
Captiva Island, FL
November 15, 2019 Press Release
Wet and wild for day 5 of the Hobie 16 Open World Championships. Early morning storms generated a very large and confused sea state. The wind was up and down some during the day but mostly 14-20 knots. The sea state was the issue and it made the sailing conditions incredibly challenging, the waves were large and moving at an angle to the wind. Upwind boats slammed into waves and the crews were constantly drenched. Downwind the waves allowed some fun surfing on port tack but starboard downwind was a slog. Six races were completed with three boat swaps. The leader board shuffled several times during the day. Going into the final day, the top four teams look to all be contenders and any one of them can still win.
After five days of competition Yamil SABA/Gonzalo CENDRA (VEN) lead followed by Nicolaj BJORNHOLT/Michele JENSEN (DEN) and Gav COLBY/Worst NEWS (AUS). Tomorrow is the final day of competition.
- Results: http://sailingresults.net/site/event/80302/default.html
- Event website: www.hobieworlds.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ihca.class/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hobieclass
- Dropbox: http://bit.ly/33Idki7
- Media Contact: Lori Mohney Lori.Mohney@hobieclass.com