22nd Hobie 16 World Championships
Captiva Island, FL
November 14, 2019 Press Release
Breezy conditions for day 4 of the Hobie 16 Open World Championships. Four races were completed in double trapeze conditions, 12-14 knots. Shifts and puffs on the course provided plenty of passing lanes and there were numerous lead changes in each race. The wind speeds combined with the flat water kept the fleet in a tight group. Mark rounding were particularly congested as was the traffic on the race course. Keeping clear lanes and managing the traffic was the strategy for success. Overall it was a great of day of sailing.
Today was the last day of the semi-final round. The fleet will now be cut to 56 boats for the final days of competition.
After four days of competition Cam OWEN/Susan GHENT (AUS) lead followed by Nicolaj BJORNHOLT/Michele JENSEN (DEN) and Gav COLBY/Worst NEWS (AUS).
- Results: http://sailingresults.net/site/event/80302/default.html
- Event website: www.hobieworlds.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ihca.class/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hobieclass
- Dropbox: http://bit.ly/33Idki7
- Media Contact: Lori Mohney Lori.Mohney@hobieclass.com