The IHCA are pleased to announce that the booking for accommodation at South Seas Island Resort is now open for booking.
Sign up to the Hobie 16 World Championships mailing list so you don't miss out on any important Hobie 16 World Championships updates!
South Seas Island Resort Accommodation
South Seas Island Resort is not your standard resort, it’s a self-contained destination resort so there are some special considerations to keep in mind.
The closest rooms to the sailing venue are the Harborside Guestrooms and the 2 Bedroom Marina Villas. These are within walking distance of the sailing venue. The hotel rooms only have a mini-fridge and do not have cooking facilities.
The 1/2/3 bedroom Condos (Bayside/Beachside/Tennis) are on other parts of the resort. It is a short walk and there is a trolley (lots of room) that loops around the resort continually. They will have an extra trolley in the mornings and afternoons of the event so your wait will not be long. There are stops marked all over the resorts – all convenient to whatever condo you choose to stay in. The walk one way is around 3/4 of a mile from the furthest point away from the beach.
There are bikes and golf carts also available for rental for your entire stay (or bring your own bikes). Many local vendors will deliver bikes to your door for your stay for a very reasonable fee.
Hobie banquets/parties will be held on both sides of the resort.
South Seas Island Resort FAQ
The IHCA, in conjunction with the South Seas Island Resort, has put together a special resort package which offers a reduced accommodation cost, reduced resort fees, and many other extras to make your Hobie 16 Worlds an event to remember.
Make your reservation directly with the Resort
Receive discounted rates on your room and resort fees by using the direct Booking Link. A credit card will be required to reserve your stay. Deposits are 100% refundable, up to 14 days prior to your first day of arrival. Please refer to South Seas Island Resort for full details regarding fees, deposits, refunds, and billing.
Can I stay off-site?
Yes – but it is not the preferred way. Captiva Island is a very small area and very isolated. Most homes nearby are private and if you rent one you WILL NOT have access to all of the resort amenities.
If you stay off site, totally, you will be charged a daily resort fee to be able to get to the event. If you stay on the mainland in Ft. Myers it is at least a 1 hour drive time to the island and a bridge fee every time you go over it.
Additional costs incurred by booking elsewhere:
- Resort Access/Parking Fee for Hobie Racers NOT staying on South Seas Island Resort complex: $15.00 (plus tax) per car, per day.
- Resort Access/Parking Fee for Spectators/Non Race Hobie guest – $25.00 (plus tax) per car, per day.
- For Hobie 16 Worlds attendees who book rooms outside the contract and utilise AirBnB, or others, but still remain inside the South Seas Island Resort complex: should you want access to anything other than Sunset Beach Race Activities you will be charged an additional $150.00 (plus tax) per person, per day additional fee.
ADVICE – STAY at the resort
You will be hard pressed to find anything more reasonable or convenient. Look into a 2 or 3 bedroom condo and share with friends – this is the most economical and you will have a full kitchen to cook in. Again if you stay off site you will be charged a daily entry fee to the resort.
South Seas Island Resort Accommodation
|ROOM||Group Room Rate|
|Harborside Guestroom||$179 USD per/day|
|1 Bedroom Tennis Villa||$179 USD per/day|
|1 Bedroom Bayside Villa||$179 USD per/day|
|1 Bedroom Beach Villa||$189 USD per/day|
|2 Bedroom Tennis Villa||$229 USD per/day|
|2 Bedroom Beach Villa||$249 USD per/day|
|2 Bedroom Marina Villa||$289 USD per/day|
|3 Bedroom Bayside Villa||$299 USD per/day|
|3 Bedroom Beach Villa||$324 USD per/day|
Federal/State/City/Local taxes are 11%. Prices listed are exclusive of tax. Taxes are added to your final bill.
In summary a (simplified) final bill will include the following:
- The daily room rate of your accommodation,
- Plus $19 per bedroom per day,
- Plus 11% taxes.
Upon arrival you will be asked for a credit card to be on file. South Seas Island Resort is a CASHLESS resort and all items will be charged to your credit card. At check-out the credit card, or deposit, you provided will be charged. If you do not have a credit card, or wish to have one used, a deposit will needed to be made upon check-in. If your deposit was not fully used it will be fully refunded upon check-out.
Benefits of booking at the resort using the direct Booking Link:
- Using the direct Booking Link, the resort fee is reduced to $19 (plus tax) per room (1BR $19/2BR $38/3BR $57) per night. Instead of the normal $19 (plus tax) per person per day resort fee.
- Using the direct Booking Link, a room credit (not a discount) of $25/day (1BR-Hotel Room), $50/day (2BR), $75/day (3BR). Your room credit may be used for any onsite meals, beverages, activities, etc. Your room credit will be added from your final bill upon check out based on the number of days you stay at the resort.
- Free Parking
- Tesla & EV Charging Stations
- Tennis Court Fees
- Daily Trolley Service throughout the Resort
- Resort Pool Complex amenities towels, lounge chairs
- Beach (South and Sunset Beach) beach towels and chairs
- High Speed Internet
- Fitness Center access
- New York Times online
- Resort Activities
- 10% off Spa and Sunny Island Adventures